The A Level Business Studies course is designed to engage students through topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society, such as digital technology, business ethics and globalisation. Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions; all skills that are needed for further study and employment. Possible careers include setting up your own business, marketing, human resource management, public relations, accountancy, banking and insurance.
Course content includes:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance, operational performance, financial performance and human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing the strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
This course will help students to:
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value;
- Be aware that business behaviour can be studied from the perspectives of a range of stakeholders;
- Acquire a range of skills including decision-making and problem-solving; and
- Be aware of the current structure of business and business practice.